Translate

Tuesday, July 08, 2008



Number 338


The weird white wolf and his bloody fangs of farkas fear!


"Tales of the Ghost Rider" presents a non-series story from Ghost Rider #7, 1952, featuring a frontier werewolf, by way of Eastern Europe. The art is by Dick Ayers, signing his name as R. Ayers. Here's a factoid: the blonde babe in the story says that "farkas" means wolf. Did you know that? I didn't know that. "I've been attacked by a were-farkas." "Only a silver bullet will kill a were-farkas!" I'm sorry...it's just not the same. Just doesn't have that special ring to it, y'know?








4 comments:

Chuck Wells said...

I believe that I stepped in some "farkas" once. Smelly stuff!

Great Ayers artwork on this fun featurette. Thanks for sharing.

Sea-of-Green said...

OMG, that's my dog!!!!

Mr. Karswell said...

I like how the indians go to the Baron for help and instead he belittles them, throws them in a dungeon and leaves them to rot. Nice guy to go to for help! I think my favorite panel is the wolf brawl top right on page 4, it's better than anything in the final battle for some reason to me.

Unknown said...

I guess Nels and Eva better not have kids, eh?