Translate

Sunday, March 06, 2011


Number 907


Dork side of the moon


Our phavorite phalluses are back, Cosmo the Merry Member...errr, I mean Martian, and his "stubby chubby" pal, Orbi.

Guys, do you consider yourself a Cosmo or an Orbi? (That's a rhetorical question. I don't really want to know.)

Put on your vinyl of Dark Side Of the Moon by Pink Floyd (and perhaps in this context, that band's name sounds dirty, too), while you read of Cosmo and Orbi's adventures with their little ball-sac buddies, the Oog (spelled backwards is goo, heh-heh), and the Monster Of the Dark Side, the Gillywump. This is from Archie Comics' Cosmo the Merry Martian #2, from 1959, drawn (and perhaps also written) by Bob White.

There were only six issues in this series, and they end in cliffhanger fashion. If you'd like to see #3 let me know. I showed issue #1 in Pappy's #794.



































**********
Go ahead to Cosmo the Merry Martian #3. Just click on the thumbnail.



7 comments:

borky said...

"Why am I always on the bottom?"

Maybe 'cause you've got a little lulu?

p.s. Love your new profile pic...didn't know you were capable of emanating such unbridled menace; you should apply for the job of the baddy in the next James Bond movie, The Man With the Golden Age Blog!

Pappy said...

Borky, your comments are always much appreciated. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a dirty mind.

"Man With the Golden Blog"! Nice to think I wouldn't be playing against type.

A.B. said...

What a great, weird comic! Please post the next issue.

Unca Jeffy said...

Here's my vote to see more, Pappy! Good fun stuff!

Ummm...I enjoyed the Lulu panel more than I should have, too. :"j

Mykal Banta said...

Pappy: Shame on you and Borky! Little Lulu, for heavens sake ;-)

This Bob White stuff is fantastic! I have to admit, I didn't know of his work before this post. Thanks for giving me one more artist I have to dig up.

Michael Laperle said...

thank you pappy please post the next issue of cosmo is very great !

michael laperle

Pappy said...

Jeff, Michael and A.B., I'm working on the scans for Cosmo #3, but won't be posting it for a couple of months. Thanks for your interest.