Translate

Monday, March 12, 2012


Number 1121


Monsters from the deep freeze, part 2


This is number three in our week of monster postings.

Welcome back to our two-day Airboy adventure. If you haven't read part 1 of this story, your reading assignment is to go back to yesterday's posting.

Read it now? OK, proceed to part 2. It's from Airboy Comics Volume 7 Number 5 (1950), drawn by Ernest Schroeder. There's just something so cool (ho-ho, I made a joke) about monsters frozen in ice. Think wooly mammoths in Siberia...think the movie versions of The Thing. Of course, in real life any animals found frozen are dead, not roaring and stampeding even though they've just spent the past hundred thousand, or 65 million, years encapsulated in ice. Personally, on a cold, icy morning my knees kind of lock up, and if released from a deep freeze, even if by some chance I was still alive I doubt I'd be doing any chasing.

But this is a comic book, isn't it? And anything goes in a comic book!
















3 comments:

Operation GutterBall said...

Great stuff!

Unca Jeffy said...

I can never get enough of this wonderful "Airboy" stuff, Pappy!

Pappy said...

I'm an Airboy fan, guys, and plan to show more in the future.

I'm enough of a fan that I even liked the '80s version from Eclipse, and as a traditionalist comics curmudgeon I seldom like re-boots of old series'!